What you will have:
· Master's degree in Economics, preferably with a focus in agriculture or a relevant combination of degrees and experience
· 5+ years relevant work experience in economics, agricultural markets, or related field
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex markets and forecast
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong statistical and analytical skills
· Proficiency in Statistical and Microsoft Office Programs
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in political environments
· Knowledge of DFO's and other Canadian dairy organizations' policies and regulations is an asset
· Bilingual in English and French an asset
1. Provide subject matter expertise, technical input and/or analysis to projects and/or committees.
2. Monitor key market/economic developments and policy changes and share informations as appropriate.
3. Maintain and provide information to assist the DFO Board in policy development and in fulfilling its marketing responsibilities.
4. Assist in the development of national policy by collaborating with committees and working groups.
5. Liaise with industry stakeholders, as appropriate, to implement policy initiatives.
6. Identify market opportunities and propose viable solutions on policy matters to the Executive team and Board.
7. Prepare, write, and present findings for various organizational-wide meetings, divisional conferences, and for dairy producer committees.
8. Participate in the development and analysis of new programs and requirements for dairy industry sustainability.
9. Act as a back-up to the Pool Accounting Manager in the plant billing and producer payment processes.
What DFO Can Offer You
•Opportunities for professional and career development
• An attractive Total Rewards Package that includes comprehensive benefits coverage, Employee Assistance Program, and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to continuous learning – access to video courses taught by industry experts
• Flexible working arrangements which include a hybrid work model
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
DFO is committed to the health and safety of our employees. A key component of our commitment to workplace safety includes our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and must provide DFO proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. Accommodations for successful candidates unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dairy Farmers of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace. DFO maintains an accommodation policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Please contact us should you require an accommodation.
This is a full-time permanent position at DFO’s Head Office in Mississauga. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by August 29, 2022.