Qualifications and skills required:
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in mathematics or science, electronics or mechanical engineering technician;
· Minimum 5 years experience in operations, preferably in a regulatory environment;
· Experience in delivery, implementation or oversight of quality assurance programs;
· Mechanically inclined, able to troubleshoot equipment failures;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent listening, deductive and problem solving skills;
· Strong management skills;
· Excellent math skills;
· Possess an understanding of the concept of representative sampling;
· Knowledge of agriculture; and/or dairy industry an asset; and
· Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
Overview of the job responsibilities:
1. Schedule and participate in all required annual plant meter calibrations in Ontario.
2. Monitor the meters and samples through reports and through direct observation at all plants.
3. Interpret and communicate relevant information to the plants and Board.
4. Determine and negotiate financial adjustments.
5. Ensure systems are in place for proper cold chain maintenance and monitoring throughout the sample process.
6. Oversee fridge function, repairs, maintenance and replacement. Troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns.
7. Ensure sample depot inspections are completed as required. Monitor results and implement improvements.
8. Oversee and monitor delivery of samples from depots to lab and maintain the sample pick schedule.
As of May 2, 2022, to comply with DFO’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated and prepared to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. Accommodations for successful candidates unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws will be considered.
This is a full-time permanent position at DFO’s Head Office in Mississauga. Hybrid working arrangements will be considered.
DFO offers a competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, good work/life balance and opportunities for professional development.
Dairy Farmers of Ontario maintains an accommodation policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Please contact us should you require an accommodation.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by June 30, 2022 to: email@example.com
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
See all other job postings