What you will have:
· Bachelor's degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or similar field
· 3+ years work experience supporting team activities and events
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
· Tech savvy with basic knowledge of HTML and content management systems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Service and client oriented, able to handle and deliver multiple assignments on time and on budget
· Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
· Dairy/agriculture industry knowledge an asset
· Bilingual in English and French an asset
1. Perform website content updates and changes, and post on internal and public-facing digital platforms and communications vehicles.
2. Work with Manager, Stakeholder Engagement and DPC Liaison pre-event and onsite. Plan, coordinate and execute DFO's AGM, policy conferences, regional meetings, DPC events (not including marketing programs and community sponsorships) and other engagements, in-person and virtual.
3. Support DPC work with 'Young Delegates' initiatives
4. Support the organization's stakeholder-focused sponsorship efforts.
5. Track and process invoices for communications functions and events.
6. Provide calendar, administrative support, and book trabel and accommodation arrangements.
7. Prepare and submit monthly VISA statements.
8. Backup for firstname.lastname@example.org, respond to public and producer inquiries
9. Reception coverage: answer incoming calls, triage, and return calls, attend desk for guests, and monitor entrances. Backup when assigned.
What DFO Can Offer You
• Opportunities for professional and career development
• An attractive Total Rewards Package that includes comprehensive benefits coverage, Employee Assistance Program, and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to continuous learning – access to video courses taught by industry experts
• Flexible working arrangements which include a hybrid work model
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
DFO is committed to the health and safety of our employees. A key component of our commitment to workplace safety includes our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and must provide DFO proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. Accommodations for successful candidates unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dairy Farmers of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace. DFO maintains an accommodation policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Please contact us should you require an accommodation.
This is a full-time permanent position at DFO’s Head Office in Mississauga. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by September 13, 2022.