Qualifications and skills required:
· Post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent work experience;
· Minimum 2 years experience in logistics, order processing and/or transportation;
· Experience working in operations, a regulatory, and/or policy-driven environment;
· Experience in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook;
· Strong organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to work independently;
· Functional knowledge of milk transportation and allocation in Ontario an asset;
· Knowledge of agriculture; and/or dairy industry an asset; and
· Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
Overview of the job responsibilities:
1. Execute the daily operation and maintenance of the Milk Allocation System for the province of Ontario.
2. Schedule deliveries to processors within Ontario and other provinces.
3. Prepare and distribute various operational and financial reports.
4. Regularly meet with plant production staff and transport management to optimize delivery times, resolving scheduling issues, requests for special deliveries, etc.
5. Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to help resolve any logistical issues.
6. Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data in the Milk Allocation System to facilitate optimal and efficient allocation.
7. Identify and promote relevant programs to processors. Provide information to processors on the ordering system.
As of May 2, 2022, to comply with DFO’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated and prepared to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. Accommodations for successful candidates unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws will be considered.
This is a full-time permanent position at DFO’s Head Office in Mississauga. Hybrid working arrangements will be considered.
DFO offers a competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, good work/life balance and opportunities for professional development.
Dairy Farmers of Ontario maintains an accommodation policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Please contact us should you require an accommodation.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by August 10, 2022 to: email@example.com
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.