This is a newly created position, requiring exceptional customer service and organizational skills to take on the day-to-day challenge of running our Elementary School Milk Program (ESMP), Milk Club, and consumer education events. Working collaboratively with staff, partners, agencies/consultants, you will support the delivery of current programs and events, and the development of new initiatives.
Requirements and working conditions:
· possess a driver's license in good standing and access to a vehicle
· available and willing to work some evenings and weekends
· ability to life 20-30 lbs
· ability to stand for extended periods of time
To succeed, you will have:
· University degree, preferably in education, marketing and/or business administration
· Account management experience
· Strong business acumen
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Strong written, oral and presentation skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Dairy/agriculture industry knowledge an asset
· Bilingual in French and English an asset
Overview of job responsibilities:
1. Handle the day-to-day Elementary School Milk Program and Milk Club in participating schools across Ontario. Respond to e-mail, mail and/or telepgone related inquiries, questions, or requests.
2. Evaluate existing programs, identify, and suggest enhancement opportunities in collaboration with DFO staff, partners, agencies/consultants and implement as appropriate.
3. Onboard new schools to programs and maintain strong relationships with schools.
4. Coordinate the creation and production of activities and programs.
5. Support the promotion of programs to schools and outside agencies (Boards, Public Health etc.)
6. Key liaison for all school boards, maintain communication and connection with each board.
7. Support the development and circulation of various reports and participate in meetings and presentations. Monitor cadence, coordinate/collect content and execute CRM for school programs.
8. Oversee the planning and delivery of annual consumer events. Royal, CNE and any other events.
What DFO Can Offer You
• Opportunities for professional and career development
• An attractive Total Rewards Package that includes comprehensive benefits coverage.
• Commitment to continuous learning – access to video courses taught by industry experts
• Flexible working arrangements which include a hybrid work model
• A highly collaborative workspace providing; delicious dairy snacks, social events throughout the year and other great perks to foster an inclusive and engaged environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dairy Farmers of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace. DFO maintains an accommodation policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Please contact us should you require an accommodation.