The milk marketing boards of Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario work together to pool revenues from all milk sales and harmonize elements under the Eastern Canadian Milk Pooling Agreement (P5 Agreement). For dairy producers, milk pooling agreements are a way of managing the financial risks associated with the trends in domestic markets. The Canadian Dairy Commission administers these agreements on behalf of the dairy sector.
Working collaboratively with each P5 provincial General Manager/Chief Executive Officer and their committees, the Committee Support Specialist will organize their efforts to bring focus of common goals to reach consensus and achieve the objectives of the P5 Agreement. The ideal candidate is a self starter, able to learn quickly, discern complex material and handle the management of issues with great diplomacy. The potential to take on more responsibility and advance in one’s career is anticipated.
Confident working independently, the individual can combine working from a provincial head office and home, and travel to meetings throughout the eastern provinces. The ability to converse and read in English and French are required as all material is available in both languages; translation services are used for French.
To succeed, you will have:
· Post-secondary degree or diploma
· 2 years' experience in an administrative or coordinator role, with experience working for executive/senior management
· Exceptional Microsoft Office, Intranet and Internet navigating and research skills
· Qualified Administrative Assistant Certificate an asset
· Knowledge of the dairy industry an asset
· Bilingual (English/French) is required
Overview of job responsibilities:
1. Prepare, proof, edit and distribute documents: papers, presentations, reports, etc.
2. Arrange translation services as required.
3. Conduct research on assigned topics and provice summary and/or assist in drafting papers, presentations, or reports.
4. Provide support for projects and special assignments.
5. Schedule dates and book locations for meetings and annual forum. Work with venue to make meeting arrangements: room bookings, meals, equipment, etc. or virtual arrangements.
6. Track and process invoices for on-time payment.
7. Prepare agenda and documentation for all meetings. Take meeting minutes, prepare, and distribute.
8. Create action items from P5 committee meetings.
9. Track and follow up on action items and report progress to P5 Committee.
10. Chair or facilitate committee meetings.
What DFO Can Offer You
• Opportunities for professional and career development
• An attractive Total Rewards Package that includes comprehensive benefits coverage.
• Commitment to continuous learning – access to video courses taught by industry experts
• Flexible working arrangements which include a hybrid work model.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
DFO is committed to the health and safety of our employees. A key component of our commitment to workplace safety includes our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and must provide DFO proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. Accommodations for successful candidates unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dairy Farmers of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace. DFO maintains an accommodation policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Please contact us should you require an accommodation.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2022.