To succeed, you will have:
· Post-secondary degree or diploma
· 3+ years work experience supporting executives and/or board members
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; proper sentence structure, grammer, and punctuation
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Working knowledge of board governance a strong asset
· Professional with strong business acumen
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing priorities under tight timelines
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Agriculture knowledge an asset
· Bilingual (English/French) an asset
1. Coordinate and track meeting and event dates.
2. Provide meeting support and logistical requirements; attendee invitations, draft agendas, prepare materials, take minutes, venue and/or room bookings, catering, and post-event support.
3. Administer annual board election processes.
4. Track and record all lobbying activities.
5. Prepare and submit monthly VISA statements and expense reports.
6. Book attendance at conferences and meeting and make travel and accommodation arrangements.
7. Proof, format, and draft documents; papers, correspondence (letters, memos, emails, etc.) and presentations.
8. Track and process invoices.
9. Maintain corporate contact lists.
10. Develop and incorporate processes to track, report and organize tasks.
What DFO Can Offer You
• Opportunities for professional and career development
• An attractive Total Rewards Package that includes comprehensive benefits coverage, Employee Assistance Program, and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to continuous learning – access to video courses taught by industry experts
• Flexible working arrangements which include a hybrid work model
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
DFO is committed to the health and safety of our employees. A key component of our commitment to workplace safety includes our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated and must provide DFO proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. Accommodations for successful candidates unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dairy Farmers of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace. DFO maintains an accommodation policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Please contact us should you require an accommodation.
This is a full-time permanent position at DFO’s Head Office in Mississauga. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by September 13, 2022.